Pride Team Mentorship Program
Are you a student interested in having an LGBTQIA+ mentor?
Go here for the Mentee application!
Are you interested in guiding new LGBTQIA+ students through mentorship and support?
Click here to go to the Mentor application!
The goal of OMSA's mentoring program is to connect self-identified LGBT+ students with more experienced students. Mentors provide friendship, support, and guidance to students in areas such as dorm life, choosing classes, and socialization. All Mentors are expected to undergo mentorship training, uphold academic standards throughout the semester, and meet with their Mentees at least once per month. Monthly informal events and activities are scheduled to help Mentors fulfill that requirement. Mentors and Mentees are matched based on major and general interests.
Requirements to be a Mentor:
- Must be Sophomore or above
- Must have attended EKU's campus for at least one year
- Must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be able to meet with Mentee at least once per month for one hour
- Must complete a monthly activity report
- Complete a QPR training program
As a Mentor you will not be required to:
- Be your Mentee's mental health counselor
- Spend money on your Mentee or purchase gifts
- Transport your Mentee