Here you will find available resources within EKU and in the surrounding community. Resources are grouped alphabetically by topic and updated frequently. If you are aware of an available resource, or are an organization that would like to be listed, please submit your resource for review by clicking here!
If you are concerned that a student's behavior could potentially cause harm to themself or another, please send a report to the EKU Student Assistance and Intervention Team. Reports can be made anonymously via the SAIT referral form.
Counseling and Mental Health
- EKU Counseling Center
- Crisis Textline: Text 'start' to 741741
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: Chat available or call 1-800-273-8255
- TransLifeline: Call 877-565-8860
- The Trevor Project
- Hope's Wings Domestic Violence Shelter: 859-623-4095
- EKU Student Health Services: 859-622-1761
- OutcareHealth: Lists mental and physical healthcare providers throughout Kentucky (includes psychiatrists, psychologists, family practice physicians, and surgeons)
- RadRemedy: RAD Remedy is dedicated to connecting trans, gender non-conforming, intersex, and queer folks to accurate, safe, respectful, and comprehensive care nationally.
- Understanding the Health Needs of LGBT People
LGBT+ Affirming Places of Worship
- Bluegrass United Church of Christ
- Unitarian Universalist Church of Lexington
- Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Madison County
- Woodland Christian Church
Loss of Familial Support/Displacement
- The Colonel's Cupboard-EKU students only
- Toiletries: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 859-622-1612 for information.
- Campus Pride LGBTQ National Scholarship Database
- LendEDU Scholarships for LGBT Students
- Bluegrass Rape Crisis Center: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- EKU Campus Police: 859-622-1111
- Richmond Police: 859-623-8911
Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming
- Closet TRANSform: EKU students are welcome to browse our racks for clothing that better aligns with their gender expression. Clothes are free for students, and space is available to try on clothes before taking them home. Closet TRANSform is located in Commonwealth, connected to the Colonel's Cupboard. (Available Fall 2017)
- National Center for Transgender Equality: Kentucky name change and ID laws
- Changing your EKU personal information
- Changing your display name in BlackBoard
- Letter template for informing professors and teachers of name and pronoun preferences (Editable PDF version)
- Letter template for informing professors and teachers of name and pronoun preference (Downloadable Word version)
- Transgender College Student Resource Guide
- Dr. Jody Eye, Psy.D (Individual therapy for LGBTQIA Vets): 859-327-1670
- The Lexington VA offers individual and group therapy, pre/post-transition care for transgender veterans, and can prescribe hormone replacement treatments. To get in touch with the care coordination team at the Lexington VA, contact Sherri Sawyer at 859-233-4511 ext. 3482.